JYSK and the Danish Royal Family
Over the years Lars Larsen and JYSK have become closely connected with the Danish Royal Family who has been a regular customer at JYSK for many years. A tradition that JYSK is proud of.
- Prince Henrik opens the fourth JYSK store in Shanghai, China, in August.
- Her Majesty the Queen grants permission for JYSK to call itself "Purveyor to Her Majesty The Queen of Denmark", a title only granted to companies or individuals who have supplied the Royal Family for several years, are well-established, financially sound and have an excellent reputation.
- Lars Larsen is awarded the Cross of the Order of Dannebrog for his outstanding contribution to the Danish business community.
- Queen Margrethe visits JYSK's new warehouse in Uldum near Horsens as part of the royal couple's summer cruise. Lars Larsen presents the Queen with two exclusive eiderdown duvets and a copy of his autobiography after which Lars Larsen visits the Royal Yacht Dannebrog accompanied by his wife.
- Crown Prince Frederik (to the right) visits JYSK owner, Lars Larsen's (to the left) furniture factory in Vietnam.
- On behalf of JYSK and its large number of employees, Lars Larsen receives King Frederik IX's Honorary Award, which is presented in recognition of a valuable contribution to Danish export.